In this article, we will discuss the Henry Cavill workout routine. Henry Cavill is a Hollywood A-lister, who played Superman onscreen.
When an actor is playing a larger-than-life character on-screen, he should look like that. So, Henry trained religiously for months to achieve that level of fitness.
He got that aesthetic look and maintained it so that it looks convincing that he is Superman. Find out if Henry Cavill takes steroids or not?
Henry Cavill – Workout Routine
Henry has been training for many years and that has helped him look so bulky and buff. Gaining muscle mass is easy, but maintaining it is difficult so, let’s look at his workout routine in detail:
One thing is for sure that if you want to achieve the maximum results from your workout efforts then you should have enough testosterone in your body. If your testosterone levels are low your body will not respond well to your workouts and you will not see any significant transformation.
That is why most bodybuilders, even if they are natty or not, they take a test boost supplement. You can also add one to your daily fitness routine. The most popular natural testosterone booster is Testogen because it is 100% legal and made with organic ingredients.
The film Immortals was released in 2011 and Henry flaunted his perfectly sculpted body in it. So, this is the workout routine that helped him achieve that look.
Warm-Up: 5 rounds 1-minute skipping, and 1-minute rest.
- 30 seconds work and 10 seconds rest.
- Weight plate halo.
- Dumbbell clean and press.
- T-bar row.
- Dumbbell swings.
- Mountain climbers on upside-down Bosu.
- Gym ball jackknife with on Bosu.
- Side-to-side press-ups on Bosu.
- Medicine ball wall toss.
- 2 minutes of rest.
- Repeat the round 1 circuit with 40 seconds of work and 10 seconds rest.
Low-volume circuit training helps in getting a lean and more defined physique.
But, this type of workout does not really help you bulk up like a bodybuilder.
Henry Cavill Workout Routine for Man of Steel
During the training for this film, his workout routine was spread throughout the week. It included different types of exercises that would focus on all parts of the body while giving enough rest for recovery.
The biggest challenge for natural bodybuilders is to maintain their gains. If they do not follow a strict workout and diet routine then their gains can reverse.
At the same time, being a natural bodybuilder is advantageous because it does not have the risk of steroid-related side effects. Henry Cavill is natty that is why he followed a strict routine to maintain his gains.
Now, let’s take a look at this workout routine:
Monday – Total Body
- 2x Clean + 5x Kettlebell Squat at 70% body weight (Each 30 seconds combo for 5 minutes).
- 2x Two-hand KB Clean & Squat (Each 30 seconds combo for 5 minutes).
- 100 Front squats (Break into sets according to your need).
- Box step-up (3 sets, 15 reps).
- Deck squats (3 sets, 15 reps).
- Frog Hops 20x + Bear Crawl 40m (Total 4 rounds with 2 minutes rest between sets).
- Man-Maker (using dumbbells) (3 sets, 20 reps).
- Sit-ups (3 sets, 20 reps).
Monday – Chest/Shoulder Workout
- 10 minutes of cardio for warm-up.
- 10 minutes of warm-up on a rowing machine.
- 10x Bench press with kettlebells, alternating arms (6 sets).
- 12x Military push press (4 sets).
- 12x Arnold press with dumbbells, alternating hands (4 sets).
- 25x Squat push press (2 sets).
- 12x Hammer curls (4 sets).
Jonestown Sprint Circuit – 45 seconds each, 2 sets
- KB Swings.
- Dead Hangs.
- Plank Push-Ups.
- Ball Slam.
- DB OH Hold.
- Wall Sits.
Tuesday – Upper body/Back
- 25 Pushups (3 sets)
- 20x Military push press at 40% body weight
- 12x Arnold press with dumbbells, alternating hands (4 sets)
- 25x Squat push press (2 sets)
- Man-Maker (using dumbbells) (3 sets, 20 reps)
- 3x Pull-ups ladder (Start with 1 set of 1, then 1 set of 2 reps, then 1 set of 3 reps, continue up to 1 set of 5 reps. Then repeat with the opposite 1 set of 5 reps, 1 set of 4 reps, and so on)
- Dead Hangs (do for up to a total of 300 seconds) (break according to your need)
There are 4 exercises and each should be finished within a minute. The reps depend on your body’s capacity. It should be challenging enough to be completed in 50 secs. As you progress, try to complete all the exercises within a minute.
When you move quickly and finish the exercises fast, you get more time for rest. It works as a reward for you. Do a total of 3 sets.
- Sled Pulls.
- Situp Medicine Ball Throws.
Tuesday – Legs
- 3×5 Wall squat for warm-up
- 100x Squats (Breakdown into 4 sets of 25 each)
- 3×5 Goblet squats with kettlebells
- 3x 20m Walking lunges with sandbag
- 3×20 Split jumps
- 2x Dead stop back squat
- 2x Explosive triple broad jump (5 sets, take rest between sets)
- 30 sec Jump squat + 60-sec Quickstep (4 rounds)
- 30 sec Box jump + 60-sec Explosive box step-up (4 rounds)
- KB Swings with 50 lbs kettlebell
- Farmer-holds (5 sets, rest for 3 minutes between each set)
Wednesday – Back and Biceps
- Row for 5 minutes at a slow speed.
- Row for 5 minutes and increase the speed to make it harder after every minute.
Dumbbell or Barbell Speed Circuit
Do as many rounds as you can within 2 minutes. It should be a total of 6 reps. So, do 3 sets of 2 minutes each. Take rest between sets.
- Hi-pull from floor
- Upright row
- Bicep curl
- Reverse-grip Bent-over row
- Push press
- Front squat push press
Wednesday – Legs and Back
Deadlifts are very good for strengthening and building your legs and back muscles. It also makes your core strong.
- 4 Deadlifts at 65% max (4 sets)
- 2 Deadlifts at 75% max (2 sets)
- 8 Deadlifts at 65% max (1 set)
- 8x KB Lunge (heavy) (4 on each side)
- 10x KB Swings Ladder (with 25 lbs, 35 lbs, 45 lbs, 50 lbs, and 70 lbs of weight)
- 10x Goblet Squat Ladder (with 25 lbs, 35 lbs, 45 lbs, 52 lbs, and 70 lbs of weight)
- 100 Back Squat at 50% body weight
- 10x KB Push Press Ladder (25 lbs, 35 lbs, 45 lbs, 50 lbs) (2 sets each)
- 50x Wall Ball (20 lbs)
- 50x Ball Slam (25 lbs)
Thursday – Upper Body
3 Rounds in total. 60 sec of workout with 30 sec of rest.
- Bench Press with kettlebells (alternating arms)
- Slosh Pipe Hold OH
- Resisted Rope Pull
- Barbell Corner Row
- Arnold Press with dumbbell (alternating hands)
- Parallette pushups
- 10x reps Shoulder workout
- Pull-up Ladder (Start with 1 set of 1, then 1 set of 2, then 1 set of 3, and continue up to 1 set of 5. Then do it in reverse order.)
Thursday – Legs
- This is the same Legs workout from Tuesday.
Friday – Upper Body/HIIT
- Warm-up on a rowing machine for 10 minutes.
- 10x Bench Press with alternating arms (6 sets) (kettlebells optional).
- 12x Military Push Press (4 sets).
Take a few minutes of rest and then get back to training. Do 3 circuits of the below-mentioned exercises with 45 seconds of each exercise.
- Man-Makers with dumbbells.
- Arnold Press with dumbbells (alternating hands).
- Hammer Curls.
- Squat Push Press.
Take a couple of minutes of rest and then use the rowing machine for 1 minute at a fast speed with heavy resistance.
- 250m Rowing machine at your fastest speed possible with heavy resistance (3 sets).
- Kettlebell Rack Hold 110 lbs (3 sets)
Friday – Total Body
- This is the same Total Body workout from Monday.
Saturday – Cardio/Legs
- Air Squat for warm-up (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Jump Squat for warm-up (3 sets, 20 reps)
Start with a legs circuit (5 rounds total) and then finish off with burpees or crawl routine (3 rounds total)
- Goblet Squat with kettlebell (total 5)
- Front Squats (total 100) (You can take rest in between if you need)
- Deck Squats (15 reps)
- Box step-up (15 reps)
- Split Jump (Total 20 with 10 on each side) + Bear Crawl with weights (50 meters)
- Take a few minutes of rest before repeating the circuit.
- Burpees (total 20) + Bear Crawl (30 meters)
Saturday – Upper Body
- This is the same Upper Body workout from Tuesday.
Henry Cavill Workout Routine – Thoughts on his training
For Man of Steel, he definitely did high-volume training because it helps in gaining more muscle mass.
Olympic gymnasts also do high-intensity training so that they can win a gold medal for their nation.
So, did Henry trained every day for long hours without exhausting himself?
He didn’t just train, he also maintained a healthy lifestyle and diet routine. He literally fed his muscles and maintained a good sleeping pattern to increase the recovery rate.
Want to Get Bigger Naturally?
Getting bigger naturally is easier now in comparison to a few years ago. The reason is that scientists have developed supplements that can mimic the positive effects of steroids.
We know how powerful steroids are when it comes to bodybuilding. They give amazing results instantly. Steroids can actually make you look like super-humans but it comes with a price.
Steroids are extremely bad for health. They can cause dangerous side effects. Therefore, they are illegal and banned in most countries.
You can easily use a steroid alternative supplement. Read the Crazybulk D-bal review, which is a legal alternative to Dianabol.
It is not a hidden fact, that Dianabol (Dbol) is a super steroid. It makes all your bodybuilding dreams come true, but it causes many health problems too.
In fact, if you want to participate in a competition and you use Dianabol, you will fail the drug test and that can ruin your career (and image).
The best alternative is Crazybulk D-bal. It helps in bodybuilding without side effects. Basically, it is made from all clinically tested and natural ingredients that are safe for consumption.